Margaret Ryding, M.Ac.
Margaret practices Five Element Acupuncture, an ancient Chinese framework to understand and heal imbalances in the human body.
After consulting with patients to understand their physical symptoms and emotional history, Margaret designs treatments customized for each individual. When acupuncture works effectively, not only do patients report the disappearance of symptoms, but energy improves, vitality returns, and they are better able to enjoy life.
Margaret is certified in Zero Balancing, bodywork she incorporates in her practice that balances energy and structure through touch. She also incorporates Dr. Tan’s Balance Method, a unique form of acupuncture that helps to treat pain.
Margaret has been practicing acupuncture for 20 years. She is licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to practice acupuncture, and certified by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine.
In addition to practicing acupuncture, Margaret is also a quilter and an avid gardener. She lives with her husband, Jonathan Barkan, in Arlington and in Conway, MA. His photographs of their home on Hummingbird Hill and their Arlington office are featured on this website.
- Spectrum Health Systems (treatment center); 1996-2000
- American Whole Health (integrative medical practice); 1996-2000
- Carleton-Willard Village (retirement center); 2007-2014
- Inner Balance (holistic medical practice); 2013-2014
- People's Medicine Project (charitable medicine); 2015-present
- Private Practice; 2000-present